Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Untitled Day

So last night I got home to find out that my Uncle Herman had dies.

he was very sick from cancer, and he went in his sleep.

...death scares me.

But for some reason it hasnt affected me like I thought it would. I mean, it is sad...but according to everything I have read in the past few months he is having a party in heaven and the next phase of his adventure has begun and this one...this one is pretty epic.

I also cannot get the Peter Pan quote "to die will be an awefully big adventure" out of my head.

So it did hit me for a little while, but last time I saw him he was so small and he was very sick so I just cannot be to sad...is that bad? Whatever darkness happened in this world is not with him anymore...

My mom has taken it hard, as I am sure she would it being her brother. I know how I feel about mine and shes known him alot longer that I have known mine. Gran isnt letting herself get upset too much, she knows its not good for her...so thats good. SO just keep a prayer going for us. Its a sad patch but were doing alright...I think.

So I am researching Lent, I have heard about it all my life but I dont know exactly what it is. I know I am going to make this one memorable.

Anyway, watch Be Kind Rewind...it will change your life.

and also Mom sent me one of those emails that have inspiration in them and there was a beautiful quote:

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass....

it's about learning how to dance in the rain."





Be kinder than necessary,

Because everyone you meet

Is fighting some kind of battle.

So, I will leave you with that...something to think about...


I love you all. Remind me to hug you when I see you.

1 comment:

  1. My thoughts are with you Robby. I lost my uncle Marlon, and my papa to cancer and my aunt Jackie is fighting it now. I know what you mean by not feeling bad cause they aren't sick and hurting anymore. It's almost a relief.

    You know prayer isn't my thing but I promise to send every bit of positivity your way.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete